I turn 22 in a couple of days! Praises to The Most High for that. Year 21 taught me so much, so I decided to share some of the things that I learned. Here are 22 things I learned before year 22:
Be Patient - Have patience with self, patience with relationships, professional patience. You have to put in work a long time to retrieve longevity.
Everyone is dealing with life, Don’t take it personally - When someone hurts you, don't internalize it and allow your emotions to take over. You have to realize they're going through their own things and it's not just about you.
Manifestation is real - You create your own reality.
Be intentional - if you want something, you have to think about it all the time. Be intentional about every opportunity. That includes thoughts, actions, plans, and the company you keep.
Protect your goals - Be careful who you share your goals with. You never know who is watching; if no one knows about it, no one can harm it.
Positive affirmations are important - If you constantly affirm yourself that things are going to work out for you, they will.
Energy always comes back to you - "You're not going to get away with anything in terms of the energy; it will find it's way back to you in some form or another. Do your best to master your energy."
(FAST FORWARD TO 3:10)
8. Everyone doesn’t deserve to know you personally - Be selective with your company. There is no reason to be around people who aren't getting you closer to your destiny.
9. If you don’t already have it, it’s not meant to be yours yet.
10. The process is where you figure out who is worth being a part of the outcome - A lot of people don't want to be a part of the process, but they want to be a part of the outcome. Pay attention to that.
11. Don’t let the internet rush you - No one is posting their Ls, so don't compare yourself. Walk in your purpose and what's meant for you will find you when it is time.
12. There is no Plan B - When your'e sure of your purpose, that is the only "plan" you need. Essentially, Plan A will simply be another version of Plan B.
13. Multifaceted - You don't just have to be one thing so that you can fit in a box. You can be everything, do whatever you want to do that makes you happy.
14. Don’t force anything.
15. Keep your power and your peace - How? Don't attach yourself to a person, organization, place, etc. Attach yourself to a mission, a calling, a purpose ONLY.
16. Don’t follow your heart, follow your gut - Emotions can cloud logical thinking and decision making.
17. Practice sending your energy to wherever you plan to be in the morning - Set clear intentions of harmony, being heard, and getting things sorted. Resolve to show up everyday as your best self.
18. Feed your faith - If you're still worried or stressing about how things will happen for you, then you are investing your time & energy in fear. Stop overthinking. Feed your faith and things will work out.
19. Only speak on what you love.
20. There’s nothing you can’t do - Believe in yourself with everything you have. After all, God is within you.
21. You can’t calm the storm - You can only calm yourself, the storm will pass.
22. Celebrate your small wins.