Faith and The Principle of Auto Suggestion
Faith can be defined as a state of mind that can be tapped into or created by affirmations (repeated instructions to yourself) through the principle of auto suggestion.
*The Principle of Auto Suggestion is simply self suggestion, it's how the conscious and subconscious minds communicate*
Many spiritual and religious beliefs are based off of faith, but what does it really mean and how do we develop it?
In my opinion, daily affirmations to yourself is the only way to develop voluntary faith.
Faith gives power, life and action to thoughts.
Faith is the only known antidote to failure.
More specifically, if we repeat a lie over and over we will eventually accept the lie as the truth. More importantly, we will believe it to be the truth.
We are all what we are because of the dominating thoughts that we allow to occupy our mind.
Thoughts that are also mixed with any feeling or emotion create a sort of magnetic force that attracts other similar or related thoughts. In other words, once you start down a path of negative thoughts or non believing, it is really hard to do 180 in your thinking.
Any plan or purpose may be placed in the mind through repetition of thought.
What is your major purpose?
Write it down.
Commit it to memory.
Repeat it out loud every day until this is solidified into your subconscious mind.
Do not settle in thoughts of a bad past or unfortunate environment that you used to live in or currently live in; build your own life.
The only thing that defines you is you. If you take the time to write down your mental aspects and abilities, I believe that we will all find that our greatest weakness in our faith is our lack of self confidence.
How do you build self confidence? Part of what helped me build mine, thanks to Napoleon Hill, was writing down these statements, reading them to myself everyday, and acting on them all while developing my skills related to my purpose. Here is a condensed version:
1. I know that I have the ability to achieve my definite purpose in life. I demand myself to be persistent and continuously engage in actions toward the attainment of my purpose.
2. I know that the dominating thoughts in my mind will eventually produce themselves into physical reality. Because of this, I will dedicate 15 minutes of each day concentrating on the person I will become. This way, my mind will create a clear mental picture of that person.
3. I know that the principle of auto suggestion is real; any desire that I persistently hold in my mind will eventually manifest in some practical way. Therefore, I will devote ten minutes of my day concentrating on manifesting my desires.
4. No wealth, power, or position I wish to hold will remain unless it is built on truth, justice, and the help of others. I will succeed by attracting the forces I wish to use and the cooperation of other people. I will eliminate jealousy, selfishness, and judgmental thoughts by developing love for everyone. I know that a negative attitude toward others can never bring me success; I will cause others to believe in me because I will believe in them and in myself.
5. I will read these statements every day, and eventually commit them to memory. I have faith it will gradually influence my thoughts and actions so that I will become a self-reliant and successful person.
Nowhere am I saying I personally have mastered these statements, nowhere close. However, I am working on it and I can tell the difference in my life.
The subconscious mind does not make any distinction between constructive and destructive thoughts. Our minds will translate into reality a thought driven by fear just like it would translate a thought driven by faith.
If you fill your mind with doubt, unbelief, and fear in your abilities, then the law of autosuggestion will take this spirit of unbelief and run with it. It will develop into a pattern that will translate into your physical reality.
*The Law of Auto Suggestion will lift you up or pull you down, it all depends on how you think*
Money, success, happiness... everything you want begins in a form of a thought. Success or failure is dependent upon the nature of your thoughts. We have to train our thoughts and develop faith in them.
FAITH REMOVES LIMITATIONS!
Once you discover your purpose, set your thoughts toward the attaining and living in it. Remember, you can do anything. If you have the faith, anything attached to you will win.